Check out the 10 commandments of fitness you must obey in 2024!
Embarking on a fitness journey is an empowering decision, but navigating the vast world of strength training can be daunting. To guide you on this path, we should lean into the expertise of those we deem knowledgeable and truthful.
The information for this article is largely based on a video shared by Alan Thrall. Alan Thrall is an accomplished strength coach and owner of Untamed Strength, a 24-hour access gym in Sacramento, decided to talk about that.
These principles serve as a roadmap, ensuring that your fitness journey is not only effective but also sustainable.
The 10 Commandments of Fitness You Must Obey in 2024
You might be wondering, how can this guy tell me what I need to do to be successful in my fitness journey this year?
Granted, there are a lot of different goals that revolve fitness. You could have decided to do more exercise not to lose weight, neither to get stronger, but just to be healthier. Do these commandments also apply to you then? The answer is yes.
Although it is typically not a great idea to generalise much, these 10 commandments shared by Alan Thrall are very much spot on regardless of your fitness goals, as long as you have them.
This is not exclusive of one type of fitness person or another. CrossFit, calisthenics, powerlifting, weightlifting, bodybuilder, just a regular gym-goer. For all these people, these 10 commandments of fitness apply rigorously.
So let’s take a quick look at what these commandments are and then let us know if you agree or not, because we think you should.
- Never Take Breaks:
- Consistency is the cornerstone of progress in the gym.
- Avoid the pitfalls of intermittent training by maintaining a steady workout routine.
- Steer clear of the “start-stop” cycle, as breaks can impede your momentum and hinder long-term success.
- Stick to a Program for 6 Months:
- Patience is key; real change takes time.
- Commit to a structured program for at least six months to witness tangible improvements in strength and physique.
- Avoid the temptation to switch programs too frequently, as it disrupts the adaptation process.
- Prioritize the Big Three Lifts:
- Focus on compound movements – squat, bench press, and deadlift – to build a solid foundation.
- These lifts engage multiple muscle groups, fostering overall strength and growth.
- Mastering the fundamentals sets the stage for more advanced training.
- Avoid High-Intensity Workouts:
- Intensity is vital, but excessive high-intensity workouts can lead to burnout and increased risk of injury.
- Strike a balance between challenging workouts and adequate recovery to promote sustainable progress.
- Eat According to Your Goals:
- Tailor your diet to align with your fitness objectives, whether it’s weight loss, muscle gain, or performance in a specific weight class.
- Recognize that nutrition plays a pivotal role in complementing your training efforts.
- Learn How to Cook:
- Take control of your nutrition by mastering the art of cooking.
- Cooking at home allows you to monitor your macronutrient intake and make informed choices about what fuels your body.
- Invest in Equipment:
- A weightlifting belt and proper training shoes are valuable investments.
- These tools enhance stability, support, and safety during heavy lifts, contributing to more effective and secure workouts.
- Master Your Technique:
- Technique mastery ensures targeted muscle engagement and facilitates steady progress.
- Repeatedly practicing correct form builds confidence and sets a standard for assessing progress.
- Never Lie to Yourself:
- Be honest about your technique, progress, and goals.
- Lying to yourself hinders growth and may lead to misguided training choices.
- Objective self-assessment is crucial for sustained success.
- Go All In:
- Make fitness an integral part of your lifestyle, not just a sporadic activity.
- Prioritize sleep, nutrition, and stress management outside the gym to optimize overall health and well-being.
Embracing Allan Thrall’s 10 commandments of fitness provides a blueprint for a transformative fitness journey. By fostering consistency, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement, these principles empower individuals to navigate the challenges of strength training successfully.
Whether you’re a novice or seasoned lifter, integrating these commandments into your regimen will pave the way for a fulfilling and enduring fitness experience.
Now, as we mentioned earlier, this list of commandments is based on a video provided by Thrall. You can also watch the video below yourself, but we must warn you: it is pretty long. How long, you may ask? Above 40 minutes long.
We have probably done a disservice in dissecting 40+ minutes of Thrall’s wisdom and chopped it up into a few sentences – but that is the bread and butter of what he had to say about it. Don’t trust us? Then watch the video below and get even more details about the 10 commandments of fitness you must obey in 2024.
Being fit is crucial for several reasons, encompassing both physical and mental well-being. Here are 10 key reasons why striving to be fit is important:
- Improved Physical Health: Regular exercise and a commitment to fitness contribute to better physical health. It helps in maintaining a healthy weight, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. Physical fitness enhances cardiovascular health, strengthens the immune system, and promotes overall well-being.
- Enhanced Mental Health: Exercise is not just beneficial for the body; it also has a profound impact on mental health. Regular physical activity releases endorphins, which are natural mood lifters. It helps alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression, fostering a positive mental state and improving cognitive function.
- Increased Energy Levels: Engaging in regular physical activity boosts energy levels. It enhances the efficiency of the cardiovascular system, allowing the heart and lungs to work more effectively. This increased efficiency means that daily activities require less effort, leaving you with more energy throughout the day.
- Better Sleep Quality: Regular exercise is linked to improved sleep patterns. It helps regulate circadian rhythms and promotes deeper, more restful sleep. Quality sleep is vital for overall health, as it contributes to better concentration, mood regulation, and overall cognitive function.
- Weight Management: Fitness plays a key role in weight management. Regular physical activity, combined with a balanced diet, helps in maintaining a healthy weight. This is essential not only for physical appearance but also for reducing the risk of obesity-related health issues.
- Increased Longevity: Numerous studies suggest a strong correlation between regular exercise and increased life expectancy. Engaging in fitness activities can add years to your life by reducing the risk of chronic diseases and promoting overall health.
- Boosted Confidence and Self-Esteem: Achieving fitness goals, whether they are related to strength, endurance, or physique, boosts confidence and self-esteem. The sense of accomplishment gained from overcoming challenges in a fitness journey often translates into increased self-confidence in various aspects of life.
- Stress Reduction: Exercise is a natural stress reliever. Physical activity triggers the release of endorphins, which act as natural mood elevators and stress busters. Incorporating fitness into your routine provides an effective outlet for managing and reducing stress levels.
- Social Benefits: Fitness activities often involve group settings or communities, providing opportunities for social interaction. Whether it’s joining a fitness class, sports team, or workout group, the social aspect of fitness contributes to a sense of belonging and community.
- Disease Prevention: Regular exercise is a powerful preventive measure against various diseases. It helps regulate blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers.
In summary, striving to be fit is essential for a holistic approach to health, encompassing physical fitness, mental well-being, and an overall improved quality of life.
Source link: https://www.boxrox.com/the-10-commandments-of-fitness-you-must-obey-in-2024/ by Robert Born at www.boxrox.com